Thursday, March 22, 2012

Divine Appointment (How Did it Go?)

Well, I said that I would share about how things went with our talk with the couple from our support group.  I think that things went pretty well considering.  This is such a topic of conversation that forces you to relive the pain and feeling of losing your child all over again.  But I am hoping that through my pain someone else is hopeful that the pain will not last forever.

I remember that I thought I would never get back to a sense of myself again.  And to be quite honest I really had to be ok with a new self.  Things like this tend to really change you and your outlook on life.  The things that used to matter just seem so trivial at times.  All you want to so is hold your child and forget that this ever happened.  But you can't do that and the painful memories are what you have left. 

I would have never thought that after 4 years I can listen to the song "Praise You in the Storm" by Casting Crowns and not cry.  I still have a hard time with a song by Natalie Grant called "Held"  I felt anything but that at that low point in my life. 

Tom and I had a chance to let this couple share their story and to share our story too.  It has been a really long time since I have done that and it was a little difficult to do.  I want so much for this to not be wasted that sometimes I think about things too much without just letting them happen.  I am hoping that we can continue to walk this road with this couple, but things are a little tricky and I want to be ultra sensitive of the fact that we have a daughter now and she takes up a lot of our time lately.  She has been such a great reminder that God does not forget about us and will heal our hearts.  He is waiting to come and comfort us in this heart breaking time of life.


Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment